Are you interested in developing complex systems with both high throughput and low latency requirements? Are you interested in helping quants with complex analytics? Do you want a role where you can take responsibility for the full development cycle – from requirement gathering to delivery of the end product?
Our client is looking for someone like that, to help them with the following:
- translate business requirements into designs for solutions
- implement solutions and develop software components as defined by the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- test and integrate components into larger subsystems
- produce secure, stable and scalable code
- collaborate with other global IT teams and business sponsors
- solve problems that vary from high volume, low latency scalable architecture to user analytics
- Our team is global and works closely with our key business sponsors; Cash Quant and Quant Trading. Your location will be in New York working primarily on KDB in Q with some Java components.
Your experience and skills
- You can demonstrate that you can contribute to the design and technical direction of the product suite as well as maintaining and enhancing it to meet future business requirements. This role will focus on the build out of our strategic Equities Tick and Transaction Cost Analysis systems
- A proficient Q developer.
- Comfortable with building out significantly sized KDB systems and infrastructure
- able to develop on a Unix and/or Linux environment
- able to core Java and ideally Java web development
- comfortable working closely with the business and have the ability to quickly understand the products and services they offer
- able to demonstrate market data knowledge across the equities asset class
- strong communicator
Contract To Hire
4 days ago