Prodigy is seeking a Product Manager for a 6-12 month contract with one of our clients located in Denver, CO. Our client is a leading independent global asset manager, dedicated to delivering the best outcomes through a highly diversified range of actively-managed products.
This role with support a large-scale project that will involve multiple departments, countries and have companywide impact. You will work closely with multiple business partners to assist with identifying and analyzing practical solutions for portions of the Contract Management System Project. Experience with project management, requirements gathering, and documentation, testing and vendor management is required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create and maintain a detailed project plan for the configuration of a new contract management system.
- Manage the project budget to ensure we are on-track with spending and
- handle resource allocations.
- Organize and facilitates meetings/workshops where business requirements
- and application objectives are articulated, accurately captured and
- maintained/distributed appropriately.
- Participate in project reviews with business sponsors at all phases of a project to ensure project is on-track and to aid in maintaining business support, involvement and acceptance.
- Prepare status reports and presentations for various types of audiences and levels of management as required.
- Prepare complete project work plan down to a detailed task level and execute
- assigned tasks/ deliverables according to defined timetable in a quality,
- detailed and timely fashion.
- Establish and maintains effective working relationships with business
- contacts, IT departments, and vendors.
- Assist in the development of testing, training development/support, and
- launch plans as required to aid in delivery of a quality product, designed for user acceptance and adoption.
- Define reporting requirements and produce detailed design for hand-off to report developers
- Identifies specific business requirements as communicated by a sponsoring business area, including cross-referencing requirements articulated by multiple business areas.
- Carry out additional duties as assigned.
Technical Skills and Qualifications
- Project management experience for a cross department project.
- Experience gathering and documenting business requirements.
- Advanced knowledge in analysis of business process, workflow and modeling.
- Advanced knowledge in analysis of computer applications that cross
- numerous operational and servicing disciplines.
- Experience working with various types of service vendors in the Information Technology and Mutual Funds industries.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with all levels of management, staff, outside
- vendors, contractors, and consultants.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, demonstrating the ability to communicate information technology concepts to non-technology personnel.
- Experience working in a matrix and/or outsourced environment.
- Experience working in a task-oriented environment by where project
- management practices and disciplines are the key method towards job
- Knowledge of the Mutual Fund business and related computer applications and business procedures.
- Working knowledge of prevalent PC operating systems, networks, tools.
- Five years’ experience in business and systems analysis.
- Five years’ experience in project management.
- Two years’ experience in the Mutual Fund industry preferred.
- Experience with contract management systems preferred.
- International experience preferred.