Prodigy is seeking a Risk Business Analyst for a 10 month contract with one of our clients located in Denver, CO. Our client is a leading independent global asset manager, dedicated to delivering the best outcomes through a highly diversified range of actively-managed products.
This role with support the Global Technology Department and will work to improve existing systems as well as building new ones. It will require a strong level of experience of producing quality test plans and translating business requirements into technical requirements and solution design. You will work closely with stakeholders and wider technologies teams. This role requires an individual with strong business acumen who possesses an extensive technical background and the ability to work well as part of a team as well as independently.
Technical Skills and Qualifications
- You will have thorough knowledge of investment risk analytics and IT systems
- You will show a strong background in the financial industry, coupled with experience of the technologies used to support this function.
- You have experience of leading the analysis process: from requirement gathering, writing test cases, implementation, sign offs and presenting demos to business.
- You have proven experience with the data technologies required to support the business.
- You practice a delivery focused approach and attitude, and strength in managing and leading change.
- You have a strong, analytical mind and are comfortable working on complex problems both on strategic and tactical level.
- Experience of the typical infrastructure components and data architectures that support counterparty and derivative systems.
- Agile experience is highly favorable.
- Understanding of Project Management methodologies is highly favorable.
- Previous experience of working with MSCI products (RiskMetrics and BarraOne)
- A strong teammate – you take a collegiate approach to work, circulating important information and contributing to team discussion.
- A problem solver – analyzing and understanding complex issues and problems and able to identify practical and pragmatic solutions.
- Self-motivating and enthusiastic – a completer-finisher able to work on their own initiative with a focus on delivery.
- A skilled communicator – providing documents that are clear, precise and comprehensible and presented in a clear and compelling manner
- Effective with your time management – planning personal and team workload effectively, setting realistic and achievable targets and delivering to those targets.
- Able to take ownership – taking responsibility for project issues and ensuring delivery
- Annual performance appraisal
- Completion of all assigned compliance training
- Place the interest of the company’s client’s first, act in accordance with TCF (Treating Customers Fairly) principles
- Understand and follow laws and regulations applicable for your role, seeking the help of your supervising manager or Compliance if additional guidance is required
- Understand and abide by all of the company’s policies applicable to your role, and seek support/guidance of the policy owner guidance when required
- You are ultimately accountable for your actions and responsible for seeking further information on any or all of the above as necessary.