We are currently searching for two Systems Engineers for one of our high profile clients based in New York, New York. These highly critical roles will be intimately involved in creating ultra-scalable and highly reliable systems on both the applications and infrastructure side. They will also be responsible for mentoring less senior engineers on best practices when it comes to design and technical troubleshooting.
- Helping to define the evolving standards and processes that facilitate an efficient and reliable environment.
- Implementing immutable infrastructures within internal data centers and external cloud providers.
- Managing software changes and releases and being responsible for the implementation.
- Providing 24x7 application and technical support to all production and test environments.
- Pinpointing areas of underdeveloped technology, software practices, and operational procedures that pose a risk to the production environment and actively developing technological solutions and business processes to reduce this risk.
- Automating Operations and Support.
- Assuming a leadership role in the continuous improvement of our Software Deployment Automation (SDA)
- Researching and selecting products to fulfill system reliability engineering requirements (ex. Tidal, Puppet, Mesos, Git, etc.)
- Investigating, identifying, and fixing application performance, systemic inadequacies, and latent reliability issues.
- Troubleshooting stack-wide engineering issues related to hardware, software, networks, and applications.
- Mentoring engineers and team members on methodology, standards, and best practices
- Bachelors degree or equivalent knowledge and experience
- Expert knowledge of Linux servers, specifically RHEL
- Demonstrable knowledge of TCP/IP
- High level scripting skills (Python, etc.)
- Practical knowledge and use of source control systems, GIT is a must
- Experience with IT Automation Software (Puppet, Chef, SaltStack, etc.)
- Knowledge of basic network administration
- Operational testing, change control and implementation m
Contract To Hire
2 weeks ago